We are not assembling a "club", but a mobilizing a mighty army whose passion is to see captives of sin be set free by sharing the Good News that SAVES!
We want to share with the people of our city that they have a heavenly Father who loves them, a Savior who proved they matter by dying on the cross for them, the Holy Spirit who wants to guide them into all truth. We want to give them opportunity to respond to the Gospel and to understand that they were created to bring God glory and walk in relationship with Him. >
WE'RE ASSEMBLING A DIVERSE GROUP OF BELIEVERS FROM ACROSS THE CITY TO WORK TOGETHER WALKING OUT A GOSPEL LIFE IN THEIR SPHERE OF INFLUENCE. >Join the movement
HEART OF MISSION BEHIND TAKE THE CITY MURFREESBORO :
- Unite, partner with and support local churches of all denominations in our city to share the HOPE of the Gospel with the lost.
- Equip, partner with and support local churches in our city to overcome barriers that stop their congregation from actively sharing the Gospel in their communities and families.
- Mobilize, partner with and support Christ-followers to actively share the the Gospel OUTSIDE of our church walls through building relationships in our community, engaging people where they live by offering prayer, and building trust with our community as safe to ask questions about Christianity.
- Connect those seeking Christ or new converts with local congregations to be discipled and welcomed into their church communities.
As the Body of Christ, We As "the Church" Are Called To:
Be United In Purpose: Matthew 28:19-20 "Go, therefore, and make disciples of[b] all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always,to the end of the age.”
Be Thankful and Support Each Other In the Role of Each Church: Ephesians 4:16 From Him the whole body, fitted and knit together by every supporting ligament, promotes the growth of the body for building up itself in love by the proper working of each individual part."
Be Humble With One Another and Be Sensible: Romans 12:3 "For by the grace given to me, I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he should think. Instead, think sensibly, as God has distributed a measure of faith to each one.
- Appreciate and Support The Part Each Church Plays in Our City Living The Great Commission: Romans 12:4 "Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, 5 in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another."
- Love One Another: John 13:35 says: "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
- Treat Each Other Well: Colossians 3:12 says: 'Therefore, God's chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
- Accept and Forgive One Another: Colossians 3:13 says: "accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so also you must [forgive]."
- 14 Above all, [put on] love-the perfect bond of unity.15 And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful.
- Encourage One Another To Grow: Colossians 3:16-17 16 Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.17 And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
- To Have No Hostility: Ephesian 2:14 (HCSB) "For He is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility."
Why Take the City? Take the City is an initiative and network of ministry leaders across America with a heart to see their cities hear the Good News that Saves, equipping Christ-followers to Share that Good News, and to welcome new believers into the family of God.
Though each city is connected to one another, the methods used to activate the gospel in their city and to create unity with city churches looks different in every city.